Audio Mises Wire

Home | Mises Library | What the State Is Not

What the State Is Not

Audio Mises Wire

Tags Political Theory

11/06/2018Murray N. Rothbard

The state is not "us".

Even if 70% of the people decided to murder the remaining 30%, this would still be murder and would not be voluntary suicide on the part of the slaughtered minority.

Narrated by Harold Fritsche.

Read the original article, excerpted from Anatomy of the State: "What the State Is Not".

Note: The views expressed on are not necessarily those of the Mises Institute.

Murray N. Rothbard

Murray N. Rothbard made major contributions to economics, history, political philosophy, and legal theory. He combined Austrian economics with a fervent commitment to individual liberty.