The Week in Review: July 30, 2016
It's hard to believe, but we just wrapped up the 30th year of our Mises University program! Over 180 students from more than 100 schools gathered at our campus in Auburn to learn from luminaries such as Judge Andrew Napolitano, Tom Woods, Walter Block, Joseph Salerno, Peter Klein, Mark Thornton, Jeff Herbener, Bob Murphy, and more. Many of our faculty are Mises U grads themselves, like first-time lecturer Ben Powell from Texas Tech University.
Lectures from this week's program streamed live via Facebook and YouTube, and you can watch all of them here. We guarantee you will enjoy the depth and breadth that only Mises U offers.
Dr. Block talks about a time when one could fit the entire Austrian economics movement in Murray Rothbard’s living room. Today we fill auditoriums with students who are interested in learning the ideas of Mises, Hayek, Rothbard, and other great giants of the Austrian tradition. Thanks to programs like Mises University, and the incredible generosity of the donors that make it possible, the Austrian school is thriving like never before.
But we need your continued support to keep Mises U the preeminent Austrian and libertarian student program available anywhere. It's completely free to students, but hosting them each years costs more than $100,000. The dormitory rental alone costs nearly $60,000. Please consider helping us pay our 2016 expenses, or consider sponsoring a student for 2017.
Lectures are also available as videos here.
Join us! Mises Weekends will be streamed LIVE on Saturday at 2:00–3:00 central time. Jeff Deist will interview Lew Rockwell as the closing session of Mises University 2016.
And in case you missed any of them, here are the articles featured this week on the Mises Wire:
- Are Advertising "Bribes" Unethical? by Matthew McCaffrey
- Did Debt Exist Before Money? It Doesn't Matter by Michael V. Szpindor Watson
- Why a "Dollar" Should Only Be a Name for a Unit of Gold by Frank Shostak
- Discrimination Against Discrimination: Why We Don't Need Anti-Discrimination Laws by Jonathan Newman
- Decentralize the Nuclear Arsenals by Ryan McMaken
- Why We Need Profits by Jakub Bozydar Wisniewski
- The Pharma-Fed Doctor by Michel Accad