Principles of Bizarro Economics
Here are some basic principles of bizarro economics in the 21st century:
1. Actual human beings do not matter. Spaces bounded by latitude, longitude, and natural barriers do.
2. Actual human beings do not matter. Political abstractions like nation-states do.
3. The country with the biggest GDP wins.
4. Societies exist so they can fight wars.
5. Trade is a kind of war.
6. Their wealth will cause our poverty. They can only get richer if we get poorer.
7. The laws of supply and demand are optional.
8. The only reason people want to move to the US is so that they can sell us drugs, commit crimes, and collect welfare payments.
9. The only reason foreigners want to sell us things is so that they can use their export earnings to buy guns and bombs that they will use to destroy us.