This Week's Fed Events
Tags The Fed
Below is the outline for this week's events and speeches of importance relating to the Fed and its members.
Monday, April 17
- Fed Vice Chair Stanley Fischer speech in New York at Columbia. The topic is "Monetary Policy Communication." –5:00pm
Tuesday, April 18
- Kansas City Fed President Esther George to speak at 26th Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference at the Levy Economics Institute of Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y. –9:00am
Wednesday, April 19
- Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren is also speaking at the Minsky Conference at Bard College, N.Y. – 12:30pm
- The Fed's Beige book will be released at 2:00pm here.
Thursday, April 20
- Fed Governor Jerome Powell is having a Q&A with European Commission VP Valdis Dombrovskis in Washington DC at the Global Finance Forum. The topic is "Capital Markets, Growth & the Economy of Tomorrow." –8:00am
- The Philadelphia Fed's Business Outlook Survey, which looks at trends in the manufacturing industry, will be released at 8:30pm
- The Fed's Balance Sheet update will be released at 4:30pm.
Friday, April 21
- Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari will be talking about the health of the economy and "community development" at the Hamline University Community Economic Development Symposium in St. Paul, Minn. –9:30am