The Gold Standard: Perspectives in the Austrian School
Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr. (ed.)
This anthology contains seminal essays on the ideal monetary system. From Sennholz's discussion of Mengerian monetary theory to Ron Paul's espousal of a political agenda that champions a gold standard, readers will find that this book serves a dual role--It is both an introduction to Austrian monetary theory and a guide to important events in monetary history.
Be sure to add this edition featuring essays by some of today's foremost Austrian thinkers to your collection!
The book's contents include:
- Introduction (Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.)
- The Case for a Genuine Gold Dollar (Murray N. Rothbard)
- The Monetary Writings of Carl Menger (Hans F. Sennholz)
- Ludwig von Mises and the Gold Standard (Richard M. Ebeling)
- The Costs of a Gold Standard (Roger W. Garrison)
- Gold and the International Monetary System: The Contribution of Michael Heilperin (Joseph T. Salerno)
- Free Banking and the Gold Standard (Lawrence H. White)
- The Political and Economic Agenda for a Real Gold Standard (Ron Paul)