Applicants for admission to the Department of Graduate Studies pursuing a degree at the Ludwig von Mises Institute must submit the following:
- A completed application form below.
- An official transcript of all post-secondary academic work (to be sent directly from granting institution(s)) documenting receipt of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Upload the results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), any other standardized test results the applicant would like to be considered to the "Test Results" field. International students must upload the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to this field as well. If you are uploading multiple files / test results, please upload them as a zip file.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please use Recommendation Letter forms (to be sent directly from recommenders).
- Include a personal essay not to exceed 500 words detailing why the applicant is interested in seeking a master’s degree in Austrian Economics from the Mises Institute and the uses to which the applicant intends to put the knowledge acquired. This should be copied into the "Personal Essay" field.
- A résumé listing prior work experience and all colleges and universities attended including dates and degrees earned. This should be uploaded to the "Résumé" field.
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00 dollars ($95.00 for International Students). After submitting this form, you will be redirected to a payment form where you can pay this fee.
Unfortunately, certain US states prohibit the offering of online classes to their residents absent additional licensure in their respective state. As such, residents of the following states currently cannot be admitted to our graduate program and, thus, no applications will be accepted from residents of the following jurisdictions: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, and Wisconsin.