Peter G. Klein
Peter G. Klein is Executive Director and Carl Menger Research Fellow of the Mises Institute and Associate Professor in the Division of Applied Social Sciences at the University of Missouri. At Missouri he also directs the McQuinn Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, and he holds adjunct faculty positions with the Truman School of Public Affairs and the Norwegian School of Economics. His research focuses on the economics of organization, entrepreneurship, and corporate strategy, with applications to diversification, innovation, food and agriculture, economic growth, and vertical coordination. Klein has authored or edited five books and has published over 70 academic articles, chapters, and reviews. See here for his complete vita and here for his website at the University of Missouri.
He taught previously at the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Georgia, and the Copenhagen Business School, and served as a Senior Economist with the Council of Economic Advisers. He is also a former Associate Editor of The Collected Works of F. A. Hayek. He lectures regularly at the Mises University and other Mises Institute events.
Klein received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of California, Berkeley and his B.A. from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He co-founded the popular management blog Organizations and Markets.
Scholarly articles on Mises.org:
- "Economic Calculation and the Limits of Organization," Review of Austrian Economics 9, no. 2 (1996): 51-77.
- "Entrepreneurship and Corporate Governance," Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics 2, no. 2 (Summer 1999): 19-42.
- "Do Entrepreneurs Make Predictable Mistakes? Evidence from Corporate Divestitures" (with Sandra K. Klein), Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics 4, no 2 (Summer 2001): 3-25.
- "Heterogeneous Capital, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Organization" (with Kirsten Foss, Nicolai J. Foss, and Sandra K. Klein) (December 2001). Published in Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines 12, no. 1 (March 2002): 79-96.
- "Entrepreneurship and the Economic Theory of the Firm: Any Gains from Trade?" (with Nicolai J. Foss) (August 2004). Published in Rajshree Agarwal, Sharon A. Alvarez, and Olav Sorenson, eds., Handbook of Entrepreneurship Research: Disciplinary Perspectives (New York: Springer, 2005), pp. 55-80.
- "The Mundane Economics of the Austrian School" (October 2008). Published in the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics 11, nos. 3-4 (2008): 165-87
Other items on Mises.org:
- "Menger the Revolutionary," February 13, 2007.
- "Why Intellectuals Still Support Socialism," November 15, 2006.
- "Government Did Invent the Internet, But the Market Made It Glorious," June 12, 2006.
- Biography of F. A. Hayek
- Interview (Winter 1995)