Despots Left and Right: The Tyrannies of Our Times<br />Sponsored by Jeremy S. Davis
Vargo's Restaurant; Houston, Texas<br />
Click here to register now
Whoever has power abuses it. It seems that ideology works only as a cover, such that the right is as likely as the left to fasten control over our lives and property, if only in different ways and with different excuses.
The Mises Circle, sponsored by Jeremy S. Davis, gathers in Texas to examine this reality, explain how to spot a despot, and what to do about their recurrence. We will meet at Vargo's Restaurant, 2401 Fondren Road, Houston. [map]
Registration is between 9:00 - 9:30 a.m. with the first talk at 9:30 a.m. and adjournment at 2:00 p.m. This seminar features talks by Ron Paul, Walter Block, Guido Hülsmann, and Lew Rockwell, each with a particular expertise in this topic of central importance to every lover of liberty. James W. Fogal, CFP will also be on hand to discuss tax strategies.
- Consenting Capitalist Acts: The Tyranny of the Left, Walter Block
- The Cultural Cloak of the Coercive State, Jörg Guido Hülsmann
- Our Kind of Central Planning: The Tyranny of the Right, Lew Rockwell
- Two Parties, One Tyranny: Party Politics on the Hill, Congressman Ron Paul
Registration fee of $50 includes all sessions, breaks, and working lunch. Make checks payable to Mises Institute and mail to Mises Circle Registration, 518 West Magnolia Avenue, Auburn, AL 36832 or call Kristy Holmes at 800-636-4737 to register by phone. See the brochure. Advance registration is required. Questions: email email@example.com
Click here to register online.
Cost for the event is $50, which includes lunch. Attendance is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Student Scholarships are available.
- 9:00 - 9:30 a.m. - Refreshments and Registration
- 9:30 a.m. - Welcome, James Fogal
- 9:35 - 10:15 a.m. - "Consenting Capitalist Acts: The Tyranny of the Left", Walter Block (Loyola University, New Orleans)
- 10:15 - 10:30 a.m. - Break
10:30 - 11:10 a.m. -"The Cultural Cloak of the Coercive State", Jörg Guido Hülsmann (University of Angers, France)
11:10 - 11:25 - Break
11:25 - 12:15 p.m. - "Two Parties, One Tyranny: Party Politics on the Hill," Congressman Ron Paul
12:15 - 1:15 p.m. - Luncheon
1:20 - 2:00 p.m. "Our Kind of Central Planning: The Tyranny of the Right", Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. (Mises Institute)
2:00 p.m. - Adjourn