Ideas from the new chairwoman of the Finnish Social Democrats
Some great ideas from the new chairwoman of the SDP, Jutta Urpilainen. Clearly, reality is far more malleable than I have realized.
- "I propose that every citizen should have a subjective right to housing. We must always afford human dignity!"
- "The long term goal is free daycare. But the work has to be started with child benefit reform."
- "Child benefits must be tied to the inflation index. Expenses from the first child are the greatest, the benefit for all children should be equal, until the child turns 18." (Finland has a child benefit system where each succeeding child is paid a larger benefit, which explains the last sentence.)
- "Poverty cannot be eradicated from our country by any other means than money, so benefits should be increased."
- "No product, that cannot be completely turned off, should be allowed into EU markets."
- "Our goal is to make public transportation free for under 16-year-olds."
- "I want to gather thinkers from all around to study why more and more people drop out of political activity after they have tried it."
, if someone is interested (in Finnish).